To raise awareness for this issue, I have hosted multiple virtual events to help teach members of the community, Girl Scout families, and other organizations/groups more about this issue and what they can do to help. I have also created educational materials (such as my Water Walk video, World Water Day presentation, and other resources on my website) that others can use to educate themselves and people around them about the water crisis. Through this project, I hope to raise awareness for this problem plaguing 1 in 9 people worldwide, which will hopefully inspire others to better understand this issue and make changes in their lives that help improve access and quality of water across the world!
What Have I Done So Far?
- Hosted Water Walk event with Girl Scout troop (pre-COVID)
- Had virtual World Water Day outreach/“challenge”- posted on social media, multiple Facebook pages, Roswell North Facebook website and website, my Twitter and retweeted by State Senate candidate so got many views
- Zoom presentation with Brookfield Women’s Club and posted on FB page with 100+ people
- Coming soon: Virtual Water Walk challenge on Labor Day weekend to further increase my outreach
- Information about my Gold Award published in North Fulton Family Life magazine (mailed to 28,000 people)
- 100+ unique website viewers, 1,000+ Facebook viewers on multiple World Water Day posts, 162 views on World Water Day tweet, etc!